How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
With the 2019 RAM 1500 having already outshined the competition, the new 2020 RAM 1500 has proven that it will remain Best-in-Class* when it comes to towing. How much can the RAM 1500 tow? With four different engine configurations, that heavily depends on which engine your RAM is equipped with. Below, the Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg experts broke down the 2020 RAM 1500 pickup truck engine specs.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
The three gas-powered engines offered with the RAM 1500 haven’t changed significantly from 2019 to 2020, and they all continue to bring their own unique capabilities. The 2020 RAM 1500 comes with a jaw-dropping EcoDiesel V6 Engine though, which beats out other diesel-powered light trucks for a Best-in-Class* 12,560-pound towing capacity.
RAM 1500 Towing Specs
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the Class*.
Depending on the trim level, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds. Learn more about the RAM 1500 trim levels with Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg.
More Features for Easier Towing
Engine power isn’t the only car up the 2020 RAM 1500 truck’s sleeves. This pickup offers some of the best features among light-duty pickup trucks, including:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the Ram 1500 earn up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway—making it more fuel efficient than the year before.
- Largest-in-Class* Brakes: The Ram 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Columbia and Lexington roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg in Orangeburg!
Not sure if the RAM 1500 is right for your Irmo work? Read more about the RAM heavy duty trucks, including the 2500 and 3500 and the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel. If you’re ready to move forward with the amazing, Best-in-Class** capabilities of the 2020 RAM 1500, read up on the differences between buying and leasing a new car. Then schedule a test drive at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg today!
*Class* based on Light-Duty pickup
More from Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg
Looking for a versatile minivan that can handle a wide range of day-to-day tasks in Orangeburg? The 2020 Dodge Grand Caravan cargo space has the volume and functional features you need to haul camping gear, luggage, and more. Keep reading to find out what other features come standard in the Dodge Grand Caravan interior, and…
The 2020 Jeep Renegade takes everything you love about the Jeep brand and wraps it up in a compact package. With 4×4 capability and sporting the Trail Rated® badge, there’s not much this subcompact Jeep SUV can’t do. If you’re looking to buy a new Jeep Renegade, you’re probably wondering if the Jeep Renegade can…
Orangeburg workers that are familiar with the RAM 1500 know that it’s a powerful and capable truck that can take on almost any Charleston job, but what if you need to pull heavier loads than the RAM 1500 can handle? If you’re wondering “How much can a RAM 2500 tow?” You’re in luck. The RAM…