2020 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity
Orangeburg workers that are familiar with the RAM 1500 know that it’s a powerful and capable truck that can take on almost any Charleston job, but what if you need to pull heavier loads than the RAM 1500 can handle? If you’re wondering “How much can a RAM 2500 tow?” You’re in luck. The RAM 2500 has all the capability of the RAM 1500, but with a stronger engine for additional towing power. With two engine options and a suite of towing features, the 2020 RAM 2500 has everything you need to make your jobs safer and easier. Read about the RAM 2500 towing capacity below, then contact us with any question you have about the RAM 2500.
How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
So, how much can a RAM 2500 tow? The RAM 2500 can tow up to 19,680 pounds when properly equipped, giving Columbia drivers the power to pull just about anything they need for their work or their next vacation. However, the RAM 2500 has two engine options for drivers to choose from. We’ve detailed them for you below:
6.4L HEMI® V8 engine:
- 17,540 pound towing capacity
- 4,010-pound payload capacity
- 410 hp
- 429 lb-ft of torque
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine:
- 19,680 pounds towing capacity
- 3,160 pound payload capacity
- 370 hp
- 850 lb-ft of torque
RAM 2500 Towing Features
The impressive towing capability of the RAM 2500 isn’t from raw engine power alone, a suite of convenient towing features help Lexington workers stay safe and keep an eye on their cargo. We’ve detailed some of the most popular RAM 2500 towing features for you below:
- Bed Lowering Mode: This feature makes trailer hook-up easier by lowering the rear suspension to its lowest point.
- Warn® Zeon-12 Winch: When you have serious equipment to haul, you need to know that each part of your RAM 2500 is working at it’s best. Rated for 12,000 pounds, the Warn® Zeon-12 winch will keep your loads safe and secure.
- Trailer Camera Wiring: This intuitive system allows you to watch your trailer and see around the sides of your truck to make driving, parking, and backing up safer for everyone. Additionally, you can place your trailer cameras either on the inside or outside of your trailer, and the feed runs right to your Uconnect® touchscreen in the cabin so you can keep an eye on your materials at all times.
Explore the RAM 2500 at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg!
Now that you know the RAM 2500 towing capacity and how it’s towing features will help you with your Orangeburg job, learn more about the RAM 2500 by comparing it to the RAM 1500 and the RAM 3500. When you’re ready to start the car buying process, fill out our online credit application and one of our finance experts will be in touch with you to set up a test drive and explore your financing options.
More from Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg
Looking for a versatile minivan that can handle a wide range of day-to-day tasks in Orangeburg? The 2020 Dodge Grand Caravan cargo space has the volume and functional features you need to haul camping gear, luggage, and more. Keep reading to find out what other features come standard in the Dodge Grand Caravan interior, and…
The 2020 Jeep Renegade takes everything you love about the Jeep brand and wraps it up in a compact package. With 4×4 capability and sporting the Trail Rated® badge, there’s not much this subcompact Jeep SUV can’t do. If you’re looking to buy a new Jeep Renegade, you’re probably wondering if the Jeep Renegade can…
Orangeburg workers that are familiar with the RAM 1500 know that it’s a powerful and capable truck that can take on almost any Charleston job, but what if you need to pull heavier loads than the RAM 1500 can handle? If you’re wondering “How much can a RAM 2500 tow?” You’re in luck. The RAM…