How to Make a Jeep Diaper Cake
For those wondering what a Jeep Diaper Cake is: no, it is not edible. A diaper cake is a popular gift at baby showers, in which the giver assembles together diapers, blankets, clothes, etc. to look like a cute cake, animal, or in this case, a Jeep. Wondering how to make a Jeep diaper cake? We have provided easy diaper Jeep instructions to help you out. Follow our Jeep diaper cake tutorial below to make your very own DIY Jeep diaper cake, and delight the mom-to-be at your next baby shower in Charleston.
What You’ll Need For a Jeep Diaper Cake
- Approximately 82 diapers
- 2 bibs
- 2 receiving blankets
- 1 fleece blanket, (about 40” x 60”)
- 2 paper towel rolls
- 3 pairs of baby socks
- 4 washcloths
- Roll of wide silk or satin ribbon (about 2.5” wide)
- Roll of thinner silk or satin ribbon (about 1” wide)
- Clear tape
- Large package of normal sized rubber bands
- 8 very large rubber bands
- 8” x 18” piece of foam board (or you can substitute cardboard)
Jeep Diaper Cake Instructions
- Take a size 2 diaper and roll it into a log shape, securing it with a rubber band.
- Repeat until you have 32 rolled diapers.
- Use a large rubber band to group 7 of these rolled diapers in a wheel shape, with empty space in the center for the axle.
- Repeat until you have 4 wheels.
- Take a paper towel tube and put 2 more rolled diapers in the center of the tube for stability.
- Wrap 1 washcloth around the middle of the paper towel roll and use clear tape to secure–this is the part of the axle that will be visible.
- Repeat to make the 2nd axle.
- Stick a wheel on each end of the axles so the paper towel roll is not visible.
- Wrap some ribbon around each wheel to conceal the rubber bands, and use clear tape to secure.
- Set these parts of the Jeep aside until you are ready for assembly.
Front Grille & Back
- Lay the fleece blanket out on a large flat surface (folded to about 20” x 30” if necessary. This is where you will assemble the body of the Jeep, which will be wrapped up in the blanket and flipped over once complete.
- Stack 7 pre-folded diapers on top of each other, having them all facing the same direction.
- Fold a washcloth in half and use it to cover the side of the stack that all the bottoms of the diapers are on.
- Drape the extra fabric over the top of the stack and under to the bottom of the stack, and fasten with a rubber band.
- Repeat so you have 2 of these diaper stacks.
- Center a stack on one of the short sides of the blanket so the washcloth part is facing out–this will be the front of the Jeep.
- Center the other stack on the opposite side of the blanket so the washcloth part is facing out–this will be the back of the Jeep.
- Roll up a diaper and tuck it into a baby sock, with the top of the sock folded down so that the fabric creates a nice border around the top of each diaper, resembling a headlight.
- Repeat to you have 4 of these lights.
- Place 1 “light” on each side of the “front of the Jeep” diaper stack so that the lights are facing outward.
- Repeat with the other 2 lights for the “back of the Jeep” diaper stack.
- Pile the empty space between each stack of diapers with more rolled diapers to create the body of the Jeep, still leaving the sides of the blanket empty.
- Place the foam board on top of the diaper stack, then wrap the sides of the blanket tightly around the entire body.
- Carefully flip over the body so the foam board is on the bottom, then secure by wrapping ribbon around each end of the body.
- Lay 1 bib flat on top of the body of the Jeep, so that the front of the bib becomes the “hood” of the Jeep.
- Stack 12 diapers on top of each other and secure with a rubber band.
- Wrap this stack in 1 receiving blanket as if wrapping a present, securing with paper clips instead of tape.
- Repeat these steps to create 2 wrapped diaper stacks.
- Place these stacks widthwise next to each other on top of the Jeep’s body, without covering the bib/“hood” of the Jeep, but covering the straps of the bib.
- Drape the front stack with the 2nd bib, so that the front of the bib becomes the Jeep’s “windshield.”
- To create the roof and sides of the cab, take the 2nd receiving blanket and drape it lengthwise over the top and sides of the cab/body–fold the blanket if necessary to it is just as wide as the top of the cab.
- Secure receiving blanket with one or two ribbons, tying in a bow at the top of the cab.
- To create side mirrors, separate the last pair of socks and tuck each halfway into each side of the cab, and fold the tops of the socks outwards.
- Place the body on top of the wheels.
- YOU DID IT!
More From Plaza CDJR
Now that you’ve watched the Jeep diaper cake tutorial, you have the skills to create this DIY Jeep diaper cake on your own!. Contact us at Plaza CDJR near Columbia and Lexington if you have any questions about our services like Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan, or let us know how your DIY project went. For more Jeep content, discover how you can remove the doors from a Jeep Wrangler. Plus, take a look at some of the best restaurants in Charleston, SC and plan your next night out!