What Is Uconnect®?
The Uconnect® system is the available infotainment suite that offers Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM, and FIAT drivers features like navigation, entertainment, satellite radio, communication, and app connectivity. Depending on the CDJR model that you choose, it may come with various other available features like Uconnect® Theater, SiriusXM® Traffic Plus and Travel Link.
What Are the Main Features of Uconnect®?
The Uconnect® system comes ready to go with everything you need for a fun, relaxing drive through Lexington, helping you enjoy a friendly conversation or podcast with hands-free technology. You will enjoy:
- SiriusXM Guardian™ and Uconnect® Access: Connect with your car from anywhere, easily unlocking doors, starting the engine, or sounding the horn remotely. Can’t find your car in a packed parking lot? Uconnect® can help.
- Audio Options: You’ll never be bored on your drive home to Irmo, thanks to endless audio options from HD Radio®, Bluetooth® streaming, and SiriusXM™.
- Available 4G Wi-Fi®: Built-in Wi-fi makes it easy for you to stay connected without eating into your data plan. From up to 50 feet away, you can browse the internet and more; choose the subscription option that works for you.
- Voice-Command: Voice-command controls such as making calls, replying to texts, playing music and more make you wonder how you ever lived without this helpful feature.
- Navigation: 3-D generated maps with turn-by-turn navigation help you find your way as you explore. In addition, SiriusXM® Traffic Plus and Travel Link give you an extra heads-up on weather and traffic.
- Entertainment: For larger models, Uconnect® Theater allows passengers to watch movies and more on dual 10-inch touchscreens. Use your smartphone for additional entertainment options.
Uconnect® Access App
Another available feature in this suite is Uconnect® Access, which is a downloadable smartphone app that allows the user to remotely lock and unlock your doors, start your engine, and find your vehicle should you forget where you parked. Uconnect® Access also allows the user to purchase unlimited 3G Wi-Fi when needed and for however long it is needed (day, week, month, or longer). If you’re having trouble accessing all of your features, you might need to reset your UConnect® system.
As mentioned before, the Uconnect® suite allows you access to additional features on certain models:
- Uconnect® Theater, available on the Chrysler Pacifica
- Rear seat entertainment system that allows you to connect compatible smart devices, and even charge them
- SiriusXM® Guardian
- Similar features that are available in the Uconnect® Access app
- SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
- Helps you avoid traffic jams, active construction, and accidents
- SiriusXM® Travel Link
- Detailed weather information, local fuel prices, and more
Can You Turn Uconnect® Off?
Uconnect® activates when your car starts, but you can turn it off if desired. You can power down the radio and screen, or silence text alerts by tapping the “phone” button, saying “setup, incoming SMS message announcement” and responding “yes” when asked if you want it turned off.
Customizing your Uconnect® is easy, including which components you want on or off, but if you ever need additional help, contact the experts at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg for assistance.
Find Uconnect® on Models at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg
Find the Uconnect® system installed on the new Jeep Wrangler JK, the new Jeep Wrangler, the new Ram 1500, and many other models on sale at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg near Columbia. Learn more about the interior features like the programmable Jeep key fob on our models by comparing models like the Jeep Renegade to the Kia Soul or the Jeep Cherokee to the Nissan Rogue, then contact our dealership to plan your visit and relax as if you’ve gotten a massage in Orangeburg.
More From Plaza CDJR of Orangeburg
When Charleston drivers choose the 2021 Jeep Compass over the Jeep Cherokee, it’s usually because they love the compact size, lower MSRP, towing capability, and modern styling with iconic Jeep touches. Drivers aren’t the only ones who love the Jeep Compass, though. The Jeep Compass reviews from the automotive press have been singing the praises…
When truck buyers in Charleston compared the 2020 RAM 1500 to the Ford F-150 they preferred RAM’s superior power and technology. Whether they want a reliable workhorse like the 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman, or the rugged luxury of the 2020 RAM 1500 Limited, there’s a RAM 1500 trim level for every type of driver and…
Drivers in the Charleston area have long awaited the arrival of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg. This pickup truck is the first of its kind in the Jeep lineup. Wondering whether the new Jeep Gladiator lives up to traditional Jeep performance standards? Explore the 2020 Jeep Gladiator engine offerings with Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg to learn about…
The 2020 Jeep Compass is an attractive compact SUV that offers Orangeburg drivers superior handling and a versatile storage space for their Charleston errands. However, don’t let its demeanor fool you, this SUV is a fully loaded Jeep vehicle, complete with an available 4×4 system and the Trail Rated® Badge. Many drivers find themselves asking…
Looking for a versatile minivan that can handle a wide range of day-to-day tasks in Orangeburg? The 2020 Dodge Grand Caravan cargo space has the volume and functional features you need to haul camping gear, luggage, and more. Keep reading to find out what other features come standard in the Dodge Grand Caravan interior, and…
The 2020 Jeep Renegade takes everything you love about the Jeep brand and wraps it up in a compact package. With 4×4 capability and sporting the Trail Rated® badge, there’s not much this subcompact Jeep SUV can’t do. If you’re looking to buy a new Jeep Renegade, you’re probably wondering if the Jeep Renegade can…