What Is Uconnect®?
The Uconnect® system is the available infotainment suite that offers Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM, and FIAT drivers features like navigation, entertainment, satellite radio, communication, and app connectivity. Depending on the CDJR model that you choose, it may come with various other available features like Uconnect® Theater, SiriusXM® Traffic Plus and Travel Link.
What Are the Main Features of Uconnect®?
The Uconnect® system comes ready to go with everything you need for a fun, relaxing drive through Lexington, helping you enjoy a friendly conversation or podcast with hands-free technology. You will enjoy:
- SiriusXM Guardian™ and Uconnect® Access: Connect with your car from anywhere, easily unlocking doors, starting the engine, or sounding the horn remotely. Can’t find your car in a packed parking lot? Uconnect® can help.
- Audio Options: You’ll never be bored on your drive home to Irmo, thanks to endless audio options from HD Radio®, Bluetooth® streaming, and SiriusXM™.
- Available 4G Wi-Fi®: Built-in Wi-fi makes it easy for you to stay connected without eating into your data plan. From up to 50 feet away, you can browse the internet and more; choose the subscription option that works for you.
- Voice-Command: Voice-command controls such as making calls, replying to texts, playing music and more make you wonder how you ever lived without this helpful feature.
- Navigation: 3-D generated maps with turn-by-turn navigation help you find your way as you explore. In addition, SiriusXM® Traffic Plus and Travel Link give you an extra heads-up on weather and traffic.
- Entertainment: For larger models, Uconnect® Theater allows passengers to watch movies and more on dual 10-inch touchscreens. Use your smartphone for additional entertainment options.
Uconnect® Access App
Another available feature in this suite is Uconnect® Access, which is a downloadable smartphone app that allows the user to remotely lock and unlock your doors, start your engine, and find your vehicle should you forget where you parked. Uconnect® Access also allows the user to purchase unlimited 3G Wi-Fi when needed and for however long it is needed (day, week, month, or longer). If you’re having trouble accessing all of your features, you might need to reset your UConnect® system.
As mentioned before, the Uconnect® suite allows you access to additional features on certain models:
- Uconnect® Theater, available on the Chrysler Pacifica
- Rear seat entertainment system that allows you to connect compatible smart devices, and even charge them
- SiriusXM® Guardian
- Similar features that are available in the Uconnect® Access app
- SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
- Helps you avoid traffic jams, active construction, and accidents
- SiriusXM® Travel Link
- Detailed weather information, local fuel prices, and more
Can You Turn Uconnect® Off?
Uconnect® activates when your car starts, but you can turn it off if desired. You can power down the radio and screen, or silence text alerts by tapping the “phone” button, saying “setup, incoming SMS message announcement” and responding “yes” when asked if you want it turned off.
Customizing your Uconnect® is easy, including which components you want on or off, but if you ever need additional help, contact the experts at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg for assistance.
Find Uconnect® on Models at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg
Find the Uconnect® system installed on the new Jeep Wrangler JK, the new Jeep Wrangler, the new Ram 1500, and many other models on sale at Plaza Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Orangeburg near Columbia. Learn more about the interior features like the programmable Jeep key fob on our models by comparing models like the Jeep Renegade to the Kia Soul or the Jeep Cherokee to the Nissan Rogue, then contact our dealership to plan your visit and relax as if you’ve gotten a massage in Orangeburg.
More From Plaza CDJR of Orangeburg
The 2021 Jeep Renegade keeps turning heads in Charleston and beyond! Even Autotrader.com said the Renegade is the “most off-road-capable and arguably the most characterful contender among subcompact SUV/crossovers.” A lot of that character comes from the Jeep Renegade interior. While the Renegade doesn’t skimp on Jeep’s legendary off-road capabilities, the Jeep Renegade interior is…
Jeep vehicles have always been known for their rugged power both on and off Charleston roads, which includes its trailering ability. What is the 2021 Jeep Cherokee towing capacity? The maximum Jeep Cherokee towing capacity reaches 4,500 pounds when properly equipped. That’s plenty of power to get your boat or camper where you want to…
When you need a light-duty truck to handle the everyday tasks at home and on the worksite in Charleston, turn to the 2021 RAM 1500! A perennial favorite on Columbia roads and among reviewers, the RAM 1500 trim levels offer something for every driving style. From sturdy low-frills work trucks to luxurious interiors, there’s a…
When it comes to the RAM 1500 towing capacity, things just keep getting better for Charleston drivers! The 2021 RAM 1500 out-tows the 2020 RAM 1500 with a towing capacity of 12,750 pounds! As the reviews of the new RAM 1500 attest, the RAM 1500 is more than capable of handling whatever Columbia roads bring…
The reviews are in, and once again the critics love the RAM truck! Reviews from throughout the automotive media sing the praises of the RAM 1500’s updates for 2021. RAM truck reviews single out features that include its easy-riding air suspension, the luxurious interior, tech upgrades that include Trailer Reverse Control, and more! They’re…